- Advancing integrative neuroscience, including novel applications such as neurofeedback (EEG, fMRI, NIRS), autonomic nervous system biofeedback, neuro-rehabilitation, brain-computer interface (BCI), transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS), virtual reality feedback, vagus nerve stimulation, electro-cranial stimulaton, audio-visual stimulation, etc.
- Fostering education in applied neuroscientific techniques
- Enhancing integrative practice in clinical treatment, education and optimal performance
- Promoting evidence-based practice to optimise functions in both health and disease
- Increasing public knowledge of neuroscientific applications
- Organising annual scientific meetings
- Providing University accredited training courses on clinical, educational and optimal performance training
- Developing European standards of practice
- Supporting scientific research in applied neuroscience
- Seeking affiliation and membership concessions with like-minded societies
- Facilitating communication among scientists and practitioners
- Publishing an international scientific journal
We welcome all those who share this vision of integrative neuroscience utilising the scientist-practitioner model.
Whilst originating in Europe, SAN welcomes international members with interests in all fields of applied neuroscience.